Unless you live in the USA with their weird backwards way of writing dates, today is a special date: 11/12/13.
This is the last time you will see a sequential date until January 1st 2103. You won’t get to enjoy that one though, because by then you, your parents, your friends, your pets if you have them, and everyone you have ever known or loved will be dead. Don’t be too depressed though, because there is a silver lining: at least that annoying National Tiles guy will be dead too.
I got a little distracted there, but back to the special date. But wait a minute…the date isn’t really 11/12/13. Jesus isn’t breaking out in the Holy Acne of Antioch or being embarrassed by sudden bulges that his mother can’t explain. The year is 2013. 11/12/2013 doesn’t look nearly so nice, does it? We humans seem to have a knack for conveniently ignoring facts or information that get in the way of what we want to believe. And this, dear readers, is pretty much the basis of the entire Biblical justification for opposing homosexuality.
I am a firm believer that what goes around comes around*.
*Terms and Conditions
- The belief (hereafter referred to as “the Belief”) is expressed without warranty by the author (hereafter referred to as “the Author”) and constitutes a belief only under the terms and conditions expressed herein.
- The Belief may be applied to any non-physical idea, concept, personal attitude or other metaphorical construct (hereafter referred to as “the Subject”), except in the following circumstances:
(a) The Subject is not travelling on a fixed, circular metaphorical track; or
(b) The Subject lacks sufficient forward momentum or a metaphorical fuel source and metaphorical energy transformation mechanism capable of transporting the subject through the remainder of its metaphorical journey; or
(c) The Subject is interrupted in its journey by any external force, including but not limited to natural or other unforeseen emergencies, weather conditions, natural disaster, acts of god, terrorism, war or any other reason (at the Author’s sole discretion)
- The Belief may also apply to physical and non-metaphorical objects capable of movement, except where the conditions of that movement violate the physical and or non-metaphorical equivalent of clauses 2(a) – 2(c)
- Except as provided by law, the Author may not be held liable for any personal injury, or any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption or any other commercial damages or losses, arising out of or related to this Belief.
- Where the Belief conflicts with reality, real or perceived, or the personal beliefs or values of any other person, group, entity, or self-aware animal, alien, or computer program, that person, group, entity, or self-aware animal, alien, or computer program shall agree to accept the Author’s claim of any evidence supporting the Belief, regardless of how satisfactorily the evidence supports the Belief or any contrary evidence that has been ignored or unobserved due to confirmation bias.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that shall not affect the validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision of these terms and conditions or the validity or enforceability in other jurisdictions of that or any other provision of these terms and conditions.